A Summerville man was electrocuted Saturday while working on an ice machine in his garage.
James Montgomery, 68, of Red Oak Circle was pronounced dead at the scene, Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury said.
Montgomery’s son found him in the garage near the ice machine about 6 p.m. An autopsy showed he died of electrocution, Salisbury said.
This was the second electrocution in Berkeley County in the last two weeks, Salisbury said. A man was electrocuted Aug. 12 while working on an air-conditioning unit.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.