• The first-time Euro Nation, a European car show to benefit The Wounded Warrior Project, will take place over two days in the Charleston area. The meet and greet will be 7-11 p.m. today at Hooters restaurant, 2171 Northwoods Blvd. in North Charleston. The main show, a non-trophy event, will be 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at Palmetto Islands County Park, 444 Needlerush Parkway in Mount Pleasant. Raffles will be held, T-shirts will be for sale, and the event will be accepting donations. Come out and enjoy a weekend of food, people, music and cars. For more information, contact Lawrence Bland at 843-532-6713 or Euronation.email@example.com.
• Lowcountry Mopars will sponsor the 21st Annual Lowcountry Shine and Swapp 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson. Anything on wheels is welcome. The show is free. Donations will be accepted. There will be top 10 trophies, a swap meet and car corral. Bring your interesting “automobilia” to display or sell. For more information contact Betty at 843-797-3246 or Stu at 843-688-5992.
• Nulife is presenting the first Anything on Wheels show 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at The Fire Museum, 4975 Centre Pointe Drive in North Charleston. Eligible vehicles include cars, trucks, motorcycles, muscle cars, antiques, sports cars, dune buggies, tow trucks, fire engines, three wheelers, etc. You bring it, we’ll judge it. All are welcome. Registration is $20. Day-of-show registration begins at 9 a.m. All proceeds will go to fund Nulife Housing for Homeless Heroes in Summerville. Donations are accepted. For more information, contact Larry Bowman at 843-729-6820, Robert Greisham at
843-509-6452 or Alleine Simmons at 843-514-8111.
• The Swamp Fox Region of the Sports Car Club of America and Rick Hendrick BMW Charleston are conducting a day-long Teen Street Survival School at the North Charleston Coliseum parking area. Attendees will drive their own cars, learning in a controlled setting how to handle hazardous situations. Information and the school schedule can be found at www.streetsurvival.org.
• The first Vintage Chevrolet Club of America, Low Country Region Car Show will be held 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Crews Chevrolet, 8199 Rivers Avenue in North Charleston. Pre-registration, which closes Tuesday, is $15. Day-of-show registration is $20. The show is open to all Chevrolets, including modifieds. Judging begins at 1 p.m. for four cylinders, years 1915-1928; and six cylinders, years ’29-’54, ’55-’57, ’58-’70 and ’71-’88; trucks; longest distance traveled; rarest; and Best of Show. Trophies will be awarded at 4 p.m. There will be food and raffles. For more information, contact Neil at 843-224-3692 or Steve at 843-771-4756.
• Steel Pony 2013 Open Car & Bike Show will be held 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Charleston Tea Plantation. Registration is 11 a.m.-noon with judging at 3 p.m. Classes include cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2012; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Show registration, which is $15, includes a tour of the Wadmalaw Island-based tea plantation. There will be awards, kids’ activities, food vendors, Mr. Koolie and live entertainment by Eddie Bush. Sponsors are Stono Body Works, Lowcountry Harley-Davidson, Charleston Tea Plantation and McDonald’s. Steel Pony benefits the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote peer-based and clinical behavioral health services that are easily accessible and available, insure that the needs of firefighters and their families are met, and identify those that are in most distress and respond effectively. For more information, visit www.firefightersupport.org. For more on the car show, contact Stono Body Works at 843-795-8318.
• The “End of Summer Beach Blast” Beach Car Show, hosted by Aaron’s, will take place at 886 Bells Highway in Walterboro. Dress your car, truck, SUV, 4x4 or motorcycle in the best beach theme. Registration, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., is $10. Judging starts at 4 p.m. Awards are for top Ford, top Chevy, top SUV, top 4x4, Best in Show, Aaron’s Choice, top Mopar, top classic 1980 or earlier, top modern 1981 to present, farthest travel, largest club and best decorated. There will be live music, a shaggin’ and twistin’ contest and Aaron’s Family Feud. Sponsors are Gar Linder, Reid’s, A&D Auto Sales, Robertson Insurance Co., Walterboro Ford, Bojangles, Quiznos, Advance Auto Parts, Pappy’s Old Fashioned Lemon-aid, MC by Steve @ Title Max, Nicole Garris and Cliff’s Hot Dog Station. For more information, call 843-542-2583.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will hold its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant, 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories include cars from years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present an Open Car, Truck and Bike Show 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Marchant Chevrolet in Ravenel. Registration, which is 10-11:30 a.m., will be $20 per vehicle. There are 12 classes with 30 trophies. All proceeds benefit Camp Happy Days. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• The annual Goodwill Undy 500 motorcycle charity ride will be held 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. at Low Country Harley-Davidson in North Charleston. The ride covers nearly 100 miles through the Charleston area and helps homeless and struggling veterans. All of the proceeds support events and programs for local veterans. Entry is $20 per person plus a new package of undergarments. Online pre-registration will take place until Sept. 1. Day-of-show registration and light refreshments begin at 9:30 a.m. at Low Country Harley-Davidson on Dorchester Road. First bike out is at 11:30 a.m., last bike in is at 3 p.m. Red’s Ice House at Bohicket Marina will host an after party with band. For more information, visit www.goodwillundy500.net.
• A car show will be held noon-4 p.m. as part of weekend festivities for Folly Beach celebrating its 40th anniversary of incorporation. The car show will be set up on West Arctic Avenue, with vehicles from 1973 and earlier to “celebrate days gone by.” Registration, which is $25, is at 11 a.m. Judging takes place at 3 p.m. The show will be limited to 60 entries. There will be one-of-a-kind trophies. Show proceeds will benefit the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team. Anniversary events, which begin Sept. 21, will include the Ferris Wheel and the Merry-Go-Round from “the good old days,” shagging on the beach and the Tams performing. For more information, visit www.firefightersupport.org.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.