Car Show Calendar
• A car show will be held 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in conjunction with the grand opening of the new “speed shop” at Pep Boys, 6240 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. Roll ins will start at 9 a.m. There will be a mobile dyno, food and music by The Cruise-O-Matics. The speed shop will have a big lineup of top name performance parts in stock, according to Jeff Hunter, Pep Boys manager of Speed Shop No. 37. For more information, call 843-744-7831.
• The I-95 Smokehouse Boyz M/C and Jiggaman/King Ranch Racing announce Grudgefest Part One: Race What U Bring. The event will take place at the Bowman Dragway, 384 Berrywood Road in Orangeburg. There will be a car, truck and bike show and drag race day. Car show registration will be free, and appreciation trophies will be awarded. The main attraction is Tony Bynes, a.k.a. Prime Time Racing who “calls out anybody.” DIY Motorsports is locked in a grudge race with the bike “Halloween,” and Eric Simmons and Charlie Pringle have a grudge race with Charlie Delee and Halloween. Special guest the Ruff Ryders will be shooting a video. Gates open at 1 p.m. with test and tune. Racing starts at 3 p.m. There will be a “twert” contest for high school graduates. Kids 12 and under get in free. For more information, contact Nasty Daddy at 803-378-8100, Cory at 803-971-9283, Jiggaman at 803-759-5188 or the dragway at 803-536-3822.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will hold its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant at 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There will be three trophies per class. Classes are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. Bessinger’s is the host. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The 46th Annual Mountaineer Antique Auto Club Car Show, Flea Market and Car Corral will take place at Davis Event Center, 1301 Fanning Bridge Road in Fletcher, N.C. Held in conjunction with the two-day car show will be the Mountaineer Collector Car Auction in Asheville and Fletcher. The auction, presented by Tom Mack Auctions in association with Foster Auction Services, includes a car check-in 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and the auction beginning at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The consignment fee is $199. Vehicles include Model ‘A’ Fords, a pair of rare Western ’64 Dodges, ’39 Cadillac, ’60 Pontiac Star Chief, ’31 Rolls Royce Phantom II Touring Phaeton and ’66 Mustang Convertible. For more information, visit 888-TOM-MACK (866-6225).
• The Charleston celebration of National Collector Car Appreciation Day will take place 9 a.m.-noon at Brittlebank Park next to Joe Riley Stadium. This is an informal, non-club-affiliated event. Bring your collector car, your family and a picnic lunch. All collector-car families are welcome. No alcoholic beverages allowed. A tour of historic Charleston will begin at noon for anyone wishing to participate. For the fourth year, the SEMA Action Network is sponsoring the day to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society. The collector day organizational committee includes members of Coastal Carolina Region AACA and Lowcountry Model A Ford Club/Street Rods Unlimited. For more, contact Trevor at Trev53@comcast.net or Hugh at HughH41@yahoo.com.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.