MIAMI -- A homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack last year in Miami says he doesn’t want any more reconstructive surgery.
Ronald Poppo spent nearly a month in a hospital after the attack alongside a Miami highway. Since then, he’s been living in a long-term care facility.
The attack left him blind and disfigured. Poppo’s doctors said Tuesday he knows he’s lost his nose and his left eye completely, but he’s satisfied with the surgeries and skin grafts that have closed his wounds.
A video posted online by the hospital that has been caring for Poppo shows him sitting in a hospital bed, wearing a baseball cap and strumming a guitar.
Facing the camera, Poppo thanks the public for their contributions and support.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.