• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q is hosting an Open Car, Truck and Motorcycle show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant at 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories are cars for years 1942 and earlier, ’43-’59, ’60-’71 and ’72-2013; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The annual Car, Truck & Bike Show sponsored by Dorchester Dragway will be held at the dragway at 213 Delee Circle in Dorchester. Gates are open 3 p.m. until. Events include Grudge racing with Corvettes and other cars. Among the personalities are Charlie Delee and The Glen Boyz; Eric Summers; Thunderguards; Charlie Pringle; I-95 Smokehouse Boyz; and MC Thunderguards. There will be a special performance by Marion Westwood and music by DJ Cleve and DJ Touch. Kids under 12 get in free. No alcoholic beverages.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize — with the club meeting to follow at 3 p.m. — at the Holiday Inn, 5264 International Blvd. in North Charleston. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, go to the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• Orangeburg’s historic downtown square will be “home to chrome” for a day: Downtown Orangeburg Revitalization Association (DORA) is hosting a charity car show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. All proceeds benefit DORA’s programs. All makes, models and years are welcome. Awards are in at least six classes. Pre-registration by Friday is $15; after that date, including the day of the show, is $20. For more information, visit http://orangeburgdora.com/dora-car-show-on-the-square.html or call 803-531-6186.
• Street Rods Unlimited, Inc. will sponsor an evening cruise-in at Sonic Drive-in at 660 College Park Road in Goose Creek. The event will be 5 p.m. the second Saturday of each month at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its sixth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all-Corvette Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a new location. The show will take place at the Sears Auto Center parking lot at Citadel Mall in Charleston. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon with awards at 3 p.m. The $25 pre-registration fee is good until Sunday. Registration is $30 on show day. Also, the club will be offering a Scored Judged show for an additional $5 fee. There will be eight Corvette classes: 1953-’62, ’63-’67, ’68-’82, ’84-’96, ’97-2000, ’01-’04, ’05-’07 and ’08-present. Additional awards will be for Best of Show, Interior, Engine and Paint. For more information go to www.4cccc.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited will be holding its monthly cruise-in at 5 p.m. at Northern Tool & Equipment, 5900 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. All special interest vehicles are welcome. The cruise-in is every third Saturday of the month. Contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932 or visit the club website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org for more information.
• Trident Technical College’s Department of Automotive Technology will host the 20th annual Spring Spin-Off Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. behind Building 800 on the college’s main campus, 7000 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. The event is free for spectators and open to the community. Along with the car show, there will be food and music. Trophy awards will be presented at the end of the event. To register a vehicle in the show, contact Kathryn Kalameja at 843-574-6115. Pre-registration by April 15 is $20; it’s $25 after that date. On-site registration will be held 10-11:30 a.m. the day of the show. Entries will be capped at the first 250 cars. There is no rain date. Proceeds of the car, truck and motorcycle show benefit the W. Athell Yon Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships to Trident Technical College students pursuing careers in automotive technology. The college offers an Automotive Technology associate degree that prepares students to become technicians, supervisors and managers. Certificates focus on specific automotive areas, including transmission, brakes and alignment, and engine performance and repair. For more information about the show, call Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or visit www.tridenttech.edu.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.