Car Show Calendar
• The JBCharleston Car Show will be held at JBCharleston Aero Club, 101 Fighter Drive off of South Aviation Avenue. Registration is $20. Trophies will be awarded. For more information, contact Jim at 843-963-1942 or autoshow@JBCharleston.com.
• Charleston-Lowcountry Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will hold its first car show of the season 6-8:30 p.m. at O’Reilly Auto Parts at 205 N. Goose Creek Blvd., Berkeley Square in Goose Creek. This is a new location for the show. Registration is $5. Classes include years 1955 and earlier, 1956-65, 1966-75 and 1976-present; Corvettes; imports; motorcycles; Mustangs; street rods; and trucks. Trophies will be awarded in all classes, plus best in show. The club will be accepting monetary or nonperishable food donations for Helping Hands of Goose Creek. For more information, contact Jim or Kay at 843-821-3271.
• A Corvette and GM Car Show and Road Course rally, sponsored by Koss MotorSports, will take place at Knights Stadium, 2280 Deerfield Drive in Fort Mill. The event will be 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Pre-registration and registration is $10 to $60 depending on the type of entry and participating event. Spectators’ gate fee is $5. Events include judged car show with various classes, Corvette meet display and club ‘Best Of’ awards, burn out contest, autocross and driving experience, loudest exhaust contest, installers row, dyno challenge, Corvette Midway, manufacturers "hot bods" contest, car corral and swap meet. For more information, visit www.kossmotorsports.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Steve at 803-320-3193.
• Kicklighter Academy in Savannah is hosting the annual Revved Up For Autism Car, Truck and Bike Show at the Savannah National Guard Armory. Registration is 9-11 a.m. Judging will take place 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Trophies will be given for Top Car, Top Bike, Top Truck, Most Car Club Participation and Kids’ Choice among other categories. To register visit www.krcacademy.org and download the registration form. Pre-registration is $15 when postmarked by Tuesday. Registration is $20. For more information, contact Cassie Van B. at 912-355-7633 or Cassandra@krcmail.org.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize and at 3 p.m. for the club meeting. It will take place at the Holiday Inn, at 5264 International Blvd. near Tanger Outlet in North Charleston. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club’s web site at www.4cccc.org.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There will be three trophies per class. Categories are cars 1942 and earlier, 1943-59, 1960-71 and 1972-present; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. The shows will be the first Wednesday of the month through November. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
• The fourth annual Kiawah Island Motoring Retreat will be held April 21 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Night Heron Park on Kiawah Island. More than 100 collectible, antique, exotic and special interest automobiles are expected to take part in the show, which is open to the public. From 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. April 20, there will be a Retreat Gala at the Cassique Clubhouse. Twenty show cars will be previewed, and there will be live music. Tickets to the gala are $75 a person, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the MUSC Children’s Hospital. Tickets can be purchased at 843-768-5726 or MemberServices@kiawah.com. Attire for the event is club casual. For the Saturday car show, there is no fee to enter, but there is a selection process. Cars also will be judged for a People’s Choice Award. The event will wrap up with participants driving a lap around the island, followed by an exhibitors’ reception at The Sandcastle Community Center. For more information, visit www.kiawahislandmotoringretreat.com or contact Jessica Richardson at email@example.com or 843-768-3875.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present its fifth annual “Vettes Doin Charleston” all Corvette show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Tanger Outlet Center parking lot on International Boulevard. Registration will be 10 a.m. to noon, with awards at 3 p.m. Pre-registration fee is $25 until March 31 and includes a complimentary Meet & Greet on Friday evening. After March 31, the fee will be $30 until the day of the show. A Scored Judged show is an extra $5. All proceeds will benefit the National Corvette Museum. There will be eight Corvette classes comprised of years 1953-62, 1963-67, 1968-82, 1984-96, 1997-2000, 2001-04, 2005-08 and 2009-present. Additional awards will be given for Best of Show, interior, engine and paint. For more information visit www.4cccc.org.
• Street Rods Unlimited will hold a cruise-in at Northern Tool + Equipment, 5900 Rivers Ave. at Aviation in North Charleston. It starts at 5 p.m. There are no fees. All special interest vehicles are welcome. The cruise-ins will be the third Saturday of the month. Contact Bob Ross at 843-709-1932 or visit the club’s website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org for more information.
• The Lowcountry Regional Airport and EAA Chapter 477 will host the fourth annual Walterboro Wings-n-Wheels 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the airport. The free event will showcase more than 100 aircraft and show cars, displaying craftsmanship, designs and innovation. Food will be available, and attendees can talk to the owners and pilots. Registration for event cars is $15, with proceeds going to the MUSC Children’s Hospital Fund. Awards will be given out in various classes. For more information, contact Ed at 843-830-7756.
• Trident Technical College’s Department of Automotive Technology will host the 20th annual Spring Spin-Off Car Show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. behind Building 800 on the college’s Main Campus, 7000 Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. This event is free and open to the community. Cars, trucks and motorcycles can participate. Along with the car show, there will be food, music and drawings. Trophy awards will be presented at the end of the show. To register a vehicle in the show, contact Kathryn Kalameja at 843-574-6115. Pre-registration is $20; on-site registration, which is $25, will be held 10-11:30 a.m. on the day of the event. Entries will be capped at the first 250 cars. There is no rain date. Proceeds benefit the W. Athell Yon Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships to Trident students pursuing careers in automotive technology. The college offers an Automotive Technology associate degree that prepares students to become technicians and supervisors or managers. For more information on the show, call Buzz Varella at 843-574-6184 or visit www.tridenttech.edu.
• The James Island Christian School Booster Club will host the third annual Lions Car & Bike Show 10 a.m.-2 p.m. All proceeds go to benefit James Island Christian School Athletics. All classes of cars and motorcycles are welcome. Pre-registration is $10; registration the day of the event is $15. Anyone aged 12 and older gets in for $2. Under 12 is free. There will be food, games, a band and door prizes for spectators and car/motorcycle owners alike. The club is also partnering with Pet Helpers, which will have animals for adoption on site. For more information, visit www.jics.org/car or contact Booster Club President Don Sondles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bill Bennett Classic Cars and Colleton County Rice Festival will hold an Open Car and Bike Show noon-3:30 p.m. at Belk’s Shopping Center on S.C. Highway 64. Registration is $20. There will be Top 20 trophies for model years 2012 and earlier. Motorcycles are welcome. The show supports the VA Victory Home. Rain date is Sunday. Sponsors are Gar Linder Motor Sports, Bill Bennett Classic Cars, Medical-Legal Services and Sears. Rice Festival events include a street dance, soap box derby, dog show, world’s largest pot of rice, golf tournament, fireworks, arts, crafts, food and entertainment. For more information, call Linder at 843-908-0514 or Bennett at 843-538-3940.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting beginning at 2:30 p.m. to socialize and the club meeting afterward at 3 p.m. It will be at the Holiday Inn, 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. (U.S. Highway 17) in Mount Pleasant. Members and interested Corvette owners are invited to attend. For more information, visit the club website at www.4cccc.org.
• Walterboro Cruisers will present the fourth annual Veterans Victory House Nursing Home Open Car & Truck Show. It will be held at 2461 Sidneys Road in Walterboro. Pre-registration until May 1 is $15, day of show registration 9-11 a.m. is $20. Trophies go to the top 50 vehicles. Proceeds benefit the Veterans Victory House. For more information, call Joe at 843-909-4370, Barry at 843-562-7292 or Cathy at 843-893-7797 or 843-844-8507; email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.walterborocruisers.net.
• Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will present the Car Pro Plaza Open Car, Bike & Truck Show, sponsored by Car Pro Plaza in Summerville. The show will take place 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Registration starts at 10 a.m. at Car Pro Plaza, 103 Old Trolley Road. Registration fee is $10 per vehicle. Thirty trophies will be awarded by class size, and there will be Sponsor’s Choice trophies. Classes will be Corvettes; motorcycles; sport compact; Mustangs; street rods; trucks; and years 1939 and earlier, 1940-62, 1963-71, 1972-89, 1990-2005 and 2006-present. Proceeds will benefit Honor Flight Lowcountry. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.4cccc.org.
• The KMS South Georgia Drift, Drag Race and SPL car show championship series will be held 10 a.m.-11 p.m. at South Georgia Motorsports Park, 2521 Highway 41 N. in Adel, Ga., at exit 32 off Interstate 75. Imports, sport compacts, mini trucks, classic, street rods, muscle cars, trucks and bikes can take part. Events include Dyno Horse Power, Car Show, Car Meet, Sound Off and Glow Off and Swap Meet. General admission is $15 or $10 with coupon. Car show registration is $30 a driver and car meet registration is $20 a driver. The event is part of the KMS Drift Tour that includes South Carolina. Future shows will be Sept. 22 10 a.m.-11 p.m. and Dec. 8 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, visit www.kossmotorsports.com or call Steve at 803-320-3193.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.